Manny Caldera, President
Happy April Showers & Easter Family!
“Cat’s Quilting Corner…
I would like to take this time to condiment for the e-mail that was sent out by Cat’s Quilting Corner that her business would “stay” open and how she would handle your quilts for long-arm quilting and the additional cleaning of her operation, and providing curb-side deliveries. As of this writing, she is the only quilting operation that is open within 30 miles of Monrovia.
CoronaVirus-19: The virus has spread into the San Gabriel Valley. Here are some of the community numbers as reported by the Pasadena Star News on March 25, 2020, Page 4. Arcadia (4), Boyle Heights (5), Covina (3), Diamond Bar (2), Eagle Rock (2), East Los Angeles (3), Glendora (1), Glendale (10), Monterey Park (3), Pasadena (10), San Dimas (1), South El Monte (1), South Pasadena (3), Temple City (1).
I have called several of our members over the weekend to do a health check, and checked if everything was “ok” and if they needed anything. It was great to hear our members are doing well.
I would like to thank some of our members (Regina Danner, Jane Crane, Alison Dingeldein) for e-mailing concerning making face masks for several of our hospital who are in “Need” of these masks. What I understand from El Monte Community, Montebello, and Hunting Memorial hospital is that they go through between 20 – 70 face masks a day
Here is the latest information concerning our Guild going forward:
1. The Board Meetings for the Month of April & May are “Cancel”
2. Our April & May General Meeting are “Cancel”
3. Our Annual Challenge will be moved to July, Regina will contact the Judge to re-scheduled
4. Our Annual Yard-Sale schedule for April 25, 2020, will be re-scheduled for the Summer
5. Our Sprint Retreat for May is “Cancel” and Robin/Jackie has obtained a “Full-Refund”; they will provide additional information going forward (Great Job)
I have call the Arcadia Community Church and spoke with Erin concerning our cancellations.
I also spoke to Linda Rasmussen (1st Vice President; Programming), and she concur
Closing Statement for this month: “When the Going Get Tough, the Tough Get’s Sewing… Cherry Berry Quilts